Current Job Postings
Medical Billing Specialist Annapolis Billing Services is seeking an experienced Billing Specialist to join our busy growing team. Along with outstanding customer service skills the successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail, a strong ability to multi-task and the capacity to work independently. Job Duties:
- Use coded data to produce and post claims to insurance companies.
- Verify member eligibility records.
- Monitor claims for missing information, authorization/control numbers.
- Answer patients’ billing inquiries regarding status of account.
- Work with physician or medical record staff to ensure that correct diagnosis/procedures are reported to third party insurance carriers.
- Follow up with third party insurance carriers on unpaid claims till claims are paid. or only self pay balance remains.
- Review and appeal unpaid and denied claims
- Keep updated on all billing and benefit changes for third party insurance carriers.
- High School Diploma/General Education Degree (GED). Post high school courses in insurance billing, data processing and medical terminology a plus.
- Experience with any of the following systems Aprima, Allscripts MyWay, Allscripts ProSuite, Medical Mastermind ‘classic’, EClinical and Office Mate is preferable but not required.
- Exceptional communication, telephone and customer service skills.
- 1 – 2 years experience with insurance reimbursement procedures, including comprehension of EOB’s strongly preferred.
- Good organizational, problem-solving and error detection skills are a must.