Annapolis Billing Services has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1994. Our medical billing specialist offer years of expertise in billing, coding, EMR, and EHR.
We offer our clients an expert back office billing services utilizing the following Practice Management and EMR systems used by most physician offices.
Allscripts Professional and MyWay- all versions. We can assist with all your conversion needs whether you are converting to Aprima or Professional, we provide expert billing services during your transition.
Eclinical Works- Proficient in Eclinical Works ABS provides an entire staff support and billing expertise.
GE Centricity- EMR and Practice Management System. We have the ability to implement a new system for your office and train your staff. Please call Susan Buckingham for more information. 410-266-1588 ext. 427
NextGen- Annapolis Billing Services is proud to offer medical billing services through NextGen.
Medical Mastermind- ABS serves Medical Mastermind clients from primary care to specialties with transparency in all aspects of their billing and insurance follow up.
If you are experiencing delays with your current medical billing payments or would like to have Annapolis Billing Services meet to discuss a change in your current service, please call our office and ask for Susan Buckingham at 410-266-1588 ext 427 or call Susan on her cell phone 571-384-0069.
We look forward to working with you, your staff and your patients.
Medical Billing Specialist
Annapolis Billing Services is seeking an experienced Billing Specialist to join our busy growing team. Along with outstanding customer service skills the successful candidate will have a keen attention to detail, a strong ability to multi-task and the capacity to work independently.
- Use coded data to produce and post claims to insurance companies.
- Verify member eligibility records.
- Monitor claims for missing information, authorization/control numbers.
- Answer patients’ billing inquiries regarding status of account.
- Work with physician or medical record staff to ensure that correct diagnosis/procedures are reported to third party insurance carriers.
- Follow up with third party insurance carriers on unpaid claims till claims are paid. or only self pay balance remains.
- Review and appeal unpaid and denied claims
- Keep updated on all billing and benefit changes for third party insurance carriers.
- High School Diploma/General Education Degree (GED). Post high school courses in insurance billing, data processing and medical terminology a plus.
- Experience with any of the following systems Aprima, Allscripts MyWay, Allscripts ProSuite, Medical Mastermind ‘classic’, EClinical and Office Mate is preferable but not required.
- Exceptional communication, telephone and customer service skills.
- 1 – 2 years experience with insurance reimbursement procedures, including comprehension of EOB’s strongly preferred.
- Good organizational, problem-solving and error detection skills are a must
Interested candidates may submit resumes via email, mail or fax:
Annapolis Billing Services
Attn: Kris Hathaway
621 Ridgely Avenue, Suite 404
Annapolis, MD 21401
We are an equal opportunity employer. Applicants are considered for positions without regard to veteran status, uniformed service member status, race, religion, sex, national origin, age, physical or mental disability, genetic information or any other category protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws.
What Exactly is the Annapolis Billing Advantage?
First, with Annapolis Billing we lower your overhead plus you don't have expensive staff turnover and employee benefits. No need for training and re-training due to turnovers!
Second, No Delays in cash flow due to employee absenteeism and errors.
Thirdly, No expensive programs to purchase and maintain.
Fourth , No coding challenges. Annapolis Billing has a full time staff coder correcting any coding errors immediately.
Fifth, 24 hour up to date access to all your practice reports and data.
Sixth, We keep our physicians up to date and in compliance.